Voces Latinas aims to reduce the rate of HIV transmission and violence among immigrant Latinas and their families through education, leadership, and advocacy training. Voces Latinas connects immigrant Latinos and their communities to resources that address their immediate needs, so they are better able to identify and manage risks.
Voces Latinas is a non-profit organization based in Queens, New York City, founded by Latinas and led by Latinas. Through preventive and interventional services, we address the “twin pandemics” of HIV/AIDS and the crisis of violence against women in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner.
Services in English and Spanish!
Su salud es importante…
• Confidential, rapid HIV testing, connection to care and short-term counseling.
Mental health support services
• Health Insurance Navigators – Experts who will assist on the application process for health insurance through the New York State of Health. Qualified Health Plans, Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Emergency Medicaid…
• Domestic Violence Services – Support group
• English and computer classes
• Arts and crafts group for women
and much more…
Voces Latinas Corp
37-63c 83rd St. Suite 1B
Jackson Heights, NY 11372